hist-brewing: origin of plato

isenhour at uiuc.edu isenhour at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 15 08:37:22 PST 2000

I'm doing a bit of ethnomathmatics and I am trying to find out what
degrees plato were developed for. (1 plato is about 25 SG points).  I
found out that Ballings saccharometer (1843) calculations were
off and this was corrected by Dr. Plato for the German
Normal-Eichungskommision, but was this done specifically for use in
brewing?

cheers,
isenhour