hist-brewing: To boil or not to boil

Anthony Gooch asmgooch at stratos.net
Mon Feb 14 09:41:30 PST 2000

I have been a boiling fan as I don't want to have anything in the honey make
my mead off tasting,not knowing what is really in the honey I buy . I have
been reading all the posts on boiling versus not , and started a batch of
honey without boiling . The only thing I have boiled was a gallon of water
to help thin the honey down(so as to make it easier to stir into the carboy)
I will post my results as time goes on if anybody is interested. I love to
experiment with different brews. We are ,here in Cleflands (SCA) , beginning
to get more interest in the brewers guild. This is helping out with the
experiments , so if there is something that is new we are going to try it in
the future. I am getting interests going in doing a gruit. We shall see how
that goes.
Nial the Wanderer of BORK (m.k.a A.J.)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy. - Tom
Waits

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? - Stephen Wright