hist-brewing: mead clarity

Gregory Rehm greg at turnpoint.net
Mon Feb 7 23:05:06 PST 2000

I've added orange zest in the way described, and was dissatisfied with the
results.  I thought I hit the strength of orange character I wanted right on
the nose in my pre-tasting.  After fermentation, however, the orange
character was diminished to well below what I wanted.  I had anticipated
some reduction, but not enough.  Next time, I plan on adding to the
secondary.  I could just add more to the primary, but that's hard to target
enough overhead of spice.

Greg