hist-brewing: mead clarity

Anthony Gooch asmgooch at stratos.net
Mon Feb 7 10:32:58 PST 2000

TeviIdo wrote:
 boil and skim the must, and continue to skim as the froth rises. Doing
this, I have always had my mead clear by the secondary fermentation. Have
you people been boiling your honey, or do you use it raw?
-Tevildo.

I have always boiled my honey and have had only one problem with clarity and
that was due to what I used in the flavoring . I have found it best to boil
and while it sits to cool I put my flavors in so as to help kill the
bacteria.( at least that is my way of thinking )
Nial

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy. - Tom
Waits

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? - Stephen Wright