hist-brewing: Need some ideas

DonTygerTy at aol.com DonTygerTy at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 18:57:48 PST 2000

I Have not tried raw pears but I dont think much flavor would get through.
You might get some wild yeast too from what I've read.  My batch was cloudy
at first but after I filtered it it was crystal clear.  It took a few runs
through the filer but it worked.

Steve

In a message dated 02/03/2000 8:31:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ivy_gort at yahoo.com writes:

> I have a question about the method that was used
>  preparing the pears for this melomel.  Were the pears
>  cooked or used raw?  I have a big problem clearing my
>  pear wines.  I wanted to make a pear mead but don't
>  want it to be cloudy.  Next fall when the pears come
>  in
>  I'm going to try NOT cooking the pears.  Does anyone
>  have any comments on not cooking pears for a recipe of
>  pear melomel?

Steven V. Koval

"To be or Not to be...   That always confused me..."