hist-brewing: Beer brewing c.1640 help needed please!

Badger badger at nwlink.com
Tue Feb 1 10:54:10 PST 2000

That was a typo, I did use honey..

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Wade Hutchison wrote:

> One quick comment - in the 2nd link below (Badger's Braggot recipe),
> he seems to have omitted the honey from the recipe - so if you
> really want to make braggot, check the original and figure out
> the amount of honey to add.
>          -----Wade Hutchison
>
> At 04:17 PM 1/31/2000 , you wrote:
>
> >Hops were becoming common in England by this time, so any hopped ale
> >without dark or crystal malts (or just a tad of dark malt to mimic the
> >darker base  malt that was likley produced in period)should be a good
> >recipe.  Try using the procedures found in Digby (1669), an ale recipe
> >from that book can be found at
> >http://realbeer.com/spencer/Digby-recipes/recipe-96-01-23.html.  A
> >redaction of this recipe for a braggot is found at
> >http://www.nwlink.com/~badger/braggot.html.
> >
> >Nate  (Nathi)

> owner-hist-brewing at pbm.com

Brander (Badger) Roullett  http://www.nwlink.com/~badger ICQ# 46814661

Industrial Electronic Music http://www.mp3.com/projectmercury

SCA: Lord Frederic Badger, Squire, Seargent of Madrone.
Black Stag Herald of An Tir, Heavy Champion of Dreaggate

"I've always wanted to be a scientist.  That way, I could get a bunch of
grants and do research into whether money can really buy happiness."
	-Unknown

"Numquam Desiste Discere"
(Never Stop Learning)