hist-brewing: Beer brewing c.1640 help needed please!

Sarah Wakely sarahbrew at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 09:09:18 PST 2000

To all,
Can anyone help please? I need to make a batch of period beer for some very
thirsty English Civil War soldiers - I have recipes for medieval beer (ie
without hops) but not for this period (c.1640). I've got Gervase Markham's
'An English Housewife', but I wondered if there were any recipes on the net
that might give me more information and guidance.
Hoping someone can help!
Regards,
Sarah