hist-brewing: Re: sweet gale

Nancy George homsweet at voicenet.com
Sun Jan 30 05:14:35 PST 2000

At 04:00 AM 1/30/00 -0800, you wrote:

>From: "John Purdy" <John_Purdy at Jabil.com>
>Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 15:18:49 -0500
>Subject: hist-brewing: I found 'em!!!!
>
>By gummit I think I've done it!!!!
>
>Thanks to Tom Stevenson we are getting closer to the elusive gruit ale.
>Following Tom's direction I found this page for a wholesaler who carries
>Sweet Gale.  (And possibly wild rosemary.) The site makes several references
>to having your local store call them, etc but I found no address or phone
>number on the site so I went a little further and dug it up for us.  The
>local store I got in touch with (SunsetSuds at aol.com
><mailto:SunsetSuds at aol.com> ) said the Sweet Gale goes for $0.95/2gm.
>L D Carlson Company
>463 Portage Blvd, Kent, OH
>(330) 678-7733
>http://www.ldcarlson.com/Brewers/product%20lines.htm
><http://www.ldcarlson.com/Brewers/product%20lines.htm>
>Now, they are strictly a wholesaler, so here's a list of their retailers by
>state.  Visit them or ask about shipping.
>http://www.ldcarlson.com/Brewers/retail%20stores.htm
><http://www.ldcarlson.com/Brewers/retail%20stores.htm>

We carry sweet gale, grains of paradise, woodruff and numerous other unusual
brewing ingredients at Home Sweet Homebrew. Nancy's backround was in the
wholesale natural foods industry and she has a particular knack for tracking
down unusual herbs and spices, so feel free to contact her with your unusual
requests.
George Hummel
Nancy & George
Home Sweet Homebrew