hist-brewing: gothic ale

Richard Richard at WowMe.com
Mon Jan 17 21:42:02 PST 2000

Here is one we DEFINATELY have (and I know I speak for a few of us here): Where did you get the ingredients???
I have searched high and low and then high again!  Please, please help!

Richard
Crystal Sky Productions
http://www.WowMe.com
Creators of Santa's Cows!
http://www.SantasCows.com
It's FREE, its FUN and it's only available for a Limited Time!
Have fun and pass it along!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom Stevenson
  To: hist-brewing at pbm.com
  Sent: Monday, January 17, 2000 21:33 Richard
  Subject: hist-brewing: gothic ale

  Forum members might be interested to know that Triumph Brewing Company of Princeton, NJ has brewed a product called Gothic Ale which is an ale bittered and flavored with a blend of gruit herbs.  Wild rosemary, sweet gale, and yarrow were used, along with a small quantity of hops, to make this brownish ale.  Gothic Ale will be served at cellar temperature without artificial carbonation.  Available only at TBC, 138 Nassau St., Princeton.  Does any one know of any other commercially produced gruit ale?
  I am the brewer and I will be happy to answer any questions anyone may have.
  -Tom Stevenson