hist-brewing: iodized salt

BrewInfo brewinfo at xnet.com
Sun Jan 16 22:20:11 PST 2000

Someone posted to not use iodized salt.  I have used it in brewing
without problems.  Furthermore, *iodine* will kill yeast, but
doesn't iodized salt contain *iodide*?  Chemists?  I know this
"don't use iodized salt" has been written in books (I just noticed
it in Designing Great Beers by Daniels this morning... ironically),
but that doesn't make it right.  Can a chemist please comment.

Thanks.

Al.