hist-brewing: Gruit Ale Ledum Palestre

ALBATRS890 at aol.com ALBATRS890 at aol.com
Sun Jan 16 19:28:13 PST 2000

Ledum Palustra

I have been searching for it. The University of Georgia gave me this.

"I have found that a brewery called Branneriet Kronan, A Swedish distillery
spices some of their aquavit with skvattram or getpors as the spice is known
is known in Sweden.

Ledum Palustre grows & is hand harvested in Lapland. sites of interest
,,http://www.lysator.liu.se/runeberg/nordflor/
The text is in Swedish but the illustrations are great
<<http://kronansprit.com/page17.html>>"

I have not been able to access the Kronan Site. Lapland has it's own site but
messages left in English are not returned. Does anyone know Swedish?