hist-brewing: peach recipies?

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 08:23:50 PST 2000

In a message dated 01/08/2000 10:07:08 AM EST, allotta at earthlink.net writes:

> Remove pits and mash fruit to a pulp.
    My friends who make fruit wines find it useful to freeze the fruit first,
to disrupt the cell walls and make it easier to extract the juice.

>  Add sulfite to kill any wild yeasts.  50ppm/gallon.
    I'm not sure I understand.  50ppm means 50 parts per million, and is
a measure of the concentration, not the total added.  Does this mean
that if you're making five gallons, you want a sulfite concentration of
250ppm?

    Scotti