hist-brewing: Gruit Ingredients found (2/3 ain't bad!)

John Purdy John_Purdy at Jabil.com
Fri Jan 7 12:58:07 PST 2000

Richard asks about herbs again :
<<<OK, did we ever come up with a DEFINITIVE source for the ingredients for
Gruit>>>

Did I not post this while we were going over the issue like madpersons?

http://herbalchemy.com/BULKHERB.HTM <http://herbalchemy.com/BULKHERB.HTM>

Over 1,500 herbs listed, including these entries :
yarrow flowers whole 4.75
yarrow flowers powder 5.80
bayberry root bark bayberry root bark powder 22.55 bayberry root bark
bayberry root bark cs 13.45

And for the more daring :
morning glory wu zhao long whole 3.50
morning glory seed qian niu zi powder 3.50
morning glory seed qian niu zi extract 100gm 8.70
morning glory seed qian niu zi whole 3.30

Personally, I have had no trouble finding yarrow locally.
Hope it helps,
JP