hist-brewing: Lactose in mead?

WyteRayven at aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Fri Jul 14 09:07:42 PDT 2000

Hi all,

I have been considering trying to make something like a "peaches and cream" type of mead.

My thought was to make a peach mead and add lactose (isn't that the milk sugar used in cream stouts?) to help sweeten, but mostly to add some creaminess to the mead.

Has anyone tried this? Do you think this type of approach would work? Would the resulting mead be clear or cloudy?

Thanks,

Dawn