hist-brewing: Kumiss by ya

DEPiLLsb42 at aol.com DEPiLLsb42 at aol.com
Thu Dec 30 09:24:39 PST 1999

Zemetrius at aol.com writes:

> has anyone made any kumiss? i would be very interested in discussing this  with subject.

I've never made it intentionally. (leaving a quart of milk in the car over a hot weekend doesn't count) but there are a lot more recipes out there than I would have thought. It seems distilled fermented mare's milk is araka. (http://www.amug.org/~blinn/micros_p3.html)

Stephan's Florigium, of course, has a bunch of recipes and discussion.