hist-brewing: Gruit Ingredients

Richard Richard at WowMe.com
Mon Dec 27 22:44:32 PST 1999

OK, did we ever come up with a DEFINITIVE source for the ingredients for Gruit.  I'm speaking mainly about the Myricia Gale, Marsh Rosemary and Yarrow.  I really want to start brewing this, but I have personally written email to every herb place I can find on the web and have still been unable to locate these ingredients in bulk.  I know a few people claimed to have found a source for these, but they never posted that source, so please help out and post the sources so I can get to brewing.  ;)  It would be so deeply appreciated!

BTW, here is a list of the "other" names for these herbs, in case this helps:
Myrica Gale
 Sweet Gale
 Bayberry
 English Bog Myrtle
 Dutch Myrtle
 Herba Myrti Rabanitini
 Gale palustris (Chevalier)

Marsh Rosemary
 Marsh Tes
 Marsh Cistsu
 Wild Rosemary
 Wild Rosmarin
 Rosamrinus Sylvestris
 Porsch
 Sumpfporsch
 The Finne
  ? Ledum palustre

Yarrow - no other names currently known to me

Richard
Crystal Sky Productions
http://www.WowMe.com
Home of Santa's Cows!