hist-brewing: poisonous brewing practices

Kirsty Pollock kirsty.pollock at mpuk.com
Tue Dec 21 01:15:08 PST 1999

Definitely the sage you cook with (Salvia something or other). I was
browsing one of my herbals the other night and several things have thujone
in - nutmeg was one, I think, (and that makes me come out in a sunburn type
rash particularly when in alcohol e.g. mulled wine. Not saying it's the
thujone though as sage doesn't seem to do anything).