hist-brewing: distillation legality

Kirsty kpollock at netcomuk.co.uk
Sun Dec 5 09:49:10 PST 1999

Wow!

you can make as much beer cider or wine etc as you like in the UK, you just
can't sell it (except cider, 1750 gals/year with special excise licence).

it is also (in the uK) illegal to distill anything for any reason as far as
I know  - not to mention impossible to do covertly in urban England! :-(

KP