hist-brewing: professional vrs home

Stephen Bernard flatlander at gis.net
Wed Dec 8 20:53:42 PST 1999

Greg Lindahl wrote:

> Readers of the list should be aware that there is a lot of annoyance
> about the USA Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) administration.
>
> Generic being annoyed at the ATF, or war stories about commercial
> brewers and the ATF, aren't really within the bounds of this
> newsgroup. The US regulations regarding homebrewing beer and wine are
> extremely nice and easy to follow. And I'm sure that non-US folks
> don't really want to hear about our problems.
>
> -- greg

I've not seen an Faq of this list,  but judging by the name,  it's about the
history of brewing,  not about homebrewing beer and wine,  and the adventures of
burt grant and the U.S.A.T.F.  is a part of the history of brewing (relitively
resent history,  but history nontheless)  and has more place on this mail list
then chocolate mead, or cordals.

as for the non us folks,  the United States is the largest consumer of beer,
and what goes on here affects everyone else.  if we could not put colbalt in
beer Bud would not look like it does.

i know alot of the people here (including myslef) are SCA types and that's OK
but don't discount the rest of the history of brewing that doesn't fit into the
narrow timeline of the SCA  period.

Rev. Steve
Lord Gorm