hist-brewing: cordials

therese k griffin tkgriffin at juno.com
Wed Dec 8 09:45:47 PST 1999

I did one about 3 years ago.  I got a quart jar and stuffed it with all
the red petals I had.  I rinsed them first to remove any dust and bugs.
I took a fork and "bruised" the petals.  This helped in releasing the
oils.  Covered with vodka, shook and put in a dark, warm place for about
4 weeks.  By then, most of the color had left the petals and the oil was
in the vodka.  I then added 1 cup of Karo corn syrup, mix (Shook) well
and put back in cupboard.  I shook it every other day or so to make sure
the syrup was mixing - and after 1 week, forgot about it for at least 6
months.  It was better after 1 year and recently found it and it is even
more delicious after 3 years.

Therese of the White Griffin