hist-brewing: Ledum Paluster

Kirsty Pollock kirsty.pollock at mpuk.com
Wed Dec 8 08:46:28 PST 1999

I was possibly a bit harsh, but that sort of thing has been annoying me on
other lists and I suppose it just spilled over.

BUT given that Jerry then saying that it grew in easily accessible
locations, and it would be useful to learn what it looked like so you could
gather it. (or indeed what other locations it grew in other than the
american mid-west)

The reply was less than pleasant, and to me, annoying in its attitude. The
poster seems to be saying to me that what they want is to be able to
identify this plant when they see it, and that's what they want the other
list members to tell them. If it were me, once I knew that it was common in
the wild, then _my_ next port of call for that sort of info would be a book,
with pictures (or maybe a web search, but that's more hit and miss in terms
of image quality). Far more useful than a text definition from us lot, no
matter how good, anyway.

I get annoyed with this sort of thing because I find myself going and
looking up what has been asked and then thinking "why am I doing something
that the person themselves could easily do with no more information than I
have?"  - and they would know better than me what was actually relevant to
them.

do you see my point??