hist-brewing: Simple Mead Recipes?

Kirsty Pollock kirsty.pollock at mpuk.com
Wed Dec 8 01:30:20 PST 1999

There's a small mead recipe at http://www.stoutbillys.com
<http://www.stoutbillys.com>  somewhere which takes 2 weeks (really - but
you need a big fridge or I suppose if you are at reasonable latitude it's
cold enough outside at the moment :-))

I made it and was surprised that it was sparkling (never having even heard
of sparkling mead b4, it's not common in the UK, nor are hopped meads). it
was quite nice, but a bit weak compared to the 12-14% meads I am used to. I
recommend using brandy rather than vodka/polish spirit and using a whole
bottle :-)

good luck

Kirsty