hist-brewing: Medieval use of hops

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Tue Dec 7 11:35:28 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/06/1999 2:49:02 PM EST, dbeistle at arches.uga.edu writes:

>  There's a fair amount of evidence that the Anglo-Saxons used hops in their
>  brews. Interested parties should take a look at Ann Hagen's 2nd book for
>  the details on this matter.

    For those of you who are as befuddled (and pissed off) as I am by this
kind of sloppy citation, the book he refers to is:
    Hagen, Ann, (1995) "A second handbook of Anglo-Saxon Food and Drink:
Production and Distribution",  Thetford, England, Anglo-Saxon Books, 409 pp.,

ISBN 1-898281-12-2.
    In joy and service,
    Scotti