hist-brewing: Apple Cider

David McCarty raille at mich.com
Tue Dec 7 08:07:33 PST 1999

Doesn't apply to anything you make at home and freeze distill.

The methyl alcohol, if it is in your brew will be there regardless of
whether or not you freeze it.

However, I doubt you will get any quantity of this in a home brew.

It comes from the fermentation of wood.  just don't forget to remove your
stirring spoon.

Dave.

At 01:03 AM 12/7/1999 -0500, Richard wrote:
>GOOD POINT!!!  I hadn't thought about that when I answered that question!!!
>
>I'm gonna send this to the list so that people are aware of this.  All
this talk about freeze distilling and I didn't even think to mention the
dangers of methyl alcohol!

>BTW, they aren't always left behind in the normal distilling process.  If
done improperly, you could end up just as blind.