hist-brewing: Reinheitsgebot

Wade Hutchison whutchis at bucknell.edu
Tue Dec 7 07:21:27 PST 1999

For another perspective on Reinheitsgebot, check out:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~patto1ro/reinheit.htm

Another source, which I can't place at the moment, suggested that the
Reinheitsgebot was enacted by the _bakers_ of medieval Germany to protect
their Wheat supplies, which were being used by the brewers.  (hmmmm, bread
or beer - wonder which one most folks would pick?)  YMMV
         -----Gille MacDhnoiull
         mka Wade Hutchison