hist-brewing: Federal on Wine

Jerry J Harder mastergoodwine at juno.com
Mon Dec 6 20:53:50 PST 1999

A brewery made a batch of mead ale (honey with hops carbonated like a
beer and at normal beer strength) They had to dump this perfectly good
stuff down the drain because their license was for beer not wine, even
though this was like a beer, because stuff made with honey is considered
wine.  The laws can be very narrow minded and I would wonder if they
wouldn't make a winery dump the same stuff out for being a beer?

Master Gerald Goodwine