hist-brewing: Adding sugar at bottling

ALBATRS890 at aol.com ALBATRS890 at aol.com
Mon Dec 6 14:00:47 PST 1999

Not to the glass. To the carboy, if you are brewing a still & have killed the
yeast. You have tasted. you are ready to bottle.NOW! Take out a measured
potion. and adjust the sweetness and acid. Now do the math. Dissolve in hot
water bring it to a boil. Now add 3/4 of the water stir taste. I will adjust
for sweetness & acid balance at this point. I do this for Meads & ciders
since in apples the sugar & tartness varies from batch to batch.

Frank