hist-brewing: Distillation

James Mcadams jmcadams at interaccess.com
Mon Dec 6 11:34:08 PST 1999

> This is too funny!  I have read it several times trying to make some reasoning out of it, but it defies reason.
>
> >      Exclusive! Make Your Own Brandy with Our Miniature Distilling Machine.
> > (NOTE:
> >      Under the laws of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, this
> >      still is exempt from regulations for setting up and registration of
> >      distilling apparatus provided that it is not used for distilling.)

	Having read the same ad repeated on a recent flight, and noticing
that the entire still seems to be about 15" high, my best guess is that
the Advertising/Sales department never checked with the Legal
department.

	My assumption is that they're selling this as a "display only"
or art piece, not as a usable item.  Heck, I set up more complex
distillation rigs in my college chemistry labs.

					JIMMC.
  Jim McAdams                        |       Do,
  jmcadams at interaccess.com           |       or Do Not.
  630-859-6902                       |       There is no "Try".   - Yoda