hist-brewing: Adding sugar at bottling

ALBATRS890 at aol.com ALBATRS890 at aol.com
Mon Dec 6 10:03:05 PST 1999

Try adding a non-frermentable sugar, Lactose, Maltose. If you kill your yeast
before you bottle. The taste should be stable in the bottle. You an adjust
the flavor to your taste.
In making champagne. they are all made Brut (very dry). Then, when removing
the yeast the add back the sweetness to what they are making.
Frank