Richard Richard at WowMe.com
Sun Dec 5 21:56:40 PST 1999

> >  I personally wouldn't, but then
> > again I have
> > never been pregnant.  When my daughter was being made I
> > requested she be
> > made alcohol free.  ;)
> >

> I presume your wife wanted not to drink when pregnant of her own accord
> anyway, or she wouldn't have done it.

Perhaps she respected my wishes as the father.  Some people do believe that it is a half and half thing and recognize that as only fair since the father's only input can be made via requests. It's not our choice not to carry, and most of us do care and should be included in the decision making process.  I understand independence and all, but it isn't an independent act that leads to a child.  Inequity abounds when a women decides it's all up to her because she is carrying the child.  These are the same women that will turn around and hit a father up for 18 years fro child support payments.  Strange how the independence ceases when money is involved.  I'll stop here, this kind of sexism does perturb me, but this is not the forum for such a discussion.

Richard