hist-brewing: Federal on Wine

Chad McGarrah cormac at intrepid.net
Sun Dec 5 21:41:55 PST 1999

The intent of the references I gave were mainly to show that Federal most likely considers apple and honey based alcohols (fermented not distilled of course) to be part of the Wine Category...
So far I have found no other references that may refer to Apple Cider or Mead.

I think you are correct, the rules mentioned in this reference seem to be regulations for commercial brewers.

Chad