hist-brewing: Federal on Wine

Stephen Bernard flatlander at gis.net
Sun Dec 5 21:03:53 PST 1999

PBLoomis at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/04/1999 11:20:21 PM EST, pug at pug.net writes:
>
> << This is the same response I was told from the ATF.
>   >>
>     The ATF agent knows what his boss has told him to enforce.  They are
> bureaucrats, whose job is to tell you what you cannot do, as differentiated
> from civil servants, whose job is to help you do things you cannot do by
> yourself.
>     The governing factor is not what the bureaucrats says, but what the law
> says, and what the court decisions say.
>     Scotti

in reality what the court desitions say doesent matter,  the beerocrats in
question arn't likely to arest you for tax crimes if you arn't selling the
stuff. and if they don't drag you in the courts won't bother you either.  as
for distelled products just don't blind yourself and they won't notice that
either.

Rev. Steve

P.S. don't read this to mean that i advocate home distilation (i don't even
drink hard liquor) or brewing more than your fair alotment of beer (but if you
do accedentily make to much drink the evidence real fast (i can even help you
with that))