hist-brewing: Apple Cider

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sat Dec 4 06:32:03 PST 1999

Baden,Doug (baden at oclc.org) said something that sounded like:
> No, this is legal in the US, but is very state dependent.

Only with the correct federal, state and local permits and taxes.

The BATF regulations can be found at:

http://www.atf.treas.gov/core/regulations/rules.htm

It comes down to the fact that with out a permit, you can not make any.
With the permit, you still have to pay taxes unless it is for
non-beverage purposes.

How have I verified this? I read the rules and submitted my questions in
writing to the BATF. I am not an expert.

Ciao,