hist-brewing: Apple Cider

Stephen Bernard flatlander at gis.net
Fri Dec 3 20:34:41 PST 1999

"Baden,Doug" wrote:

> Greg:
> No, this is legal in the US, but is very state dependent.
>
> In Ohio for instance:
> "the manufacture of intoxicating liquor by a citizen of Ohio in his own home
> for his own consumption, and not for sale, is not prohibited by the Liquor
> Control Act of Ohio (Gen. Code, Sec. 6064-1 et. seq.).
>
> when you cross state lines, the Federal law then takes effect and you may
> make up to 1000 gallons of distilled alcohol for personal use.
>
> Doug

Just DON'T forget to pay your taxes (easier said then done),  your best bet is
probily to just do it and not tell anybody. note i personaly would never do
something like that(gotta keep my nose clean)

(your first 100 gal of beer or wine/ year are tax exempt,  no distelled sprits
(intended for human concumption are tax exempt)
rev. steve