hist-brewing: Apple cider

Kirsty Pollock kirsty.pollock at mpuk.com
Fri Dec 3 01:00:11 PST 1999

I'm interested in the comment s about sugar in connection with cidermaking -
virtually all the recipies I have ever seen include sugar and/or honey, and
iI would still consider them to be cider. I suppose since apples don't have
enough sugar in them to produce anything of any great strength (only apples
and bananas do that) that these inclusions are designed to boost the alcohol
content. What's the typical final percentage of an all-apple brew???