hist-brewing: chocolate

Gregory Rehm greg at turnpoint.net
Thu Dec 2 22:43:10 PST 1999

Chocolate is made with quite a bit of cocoa butter.  The squares probably
have more than the powder.  Any source of oils/lipids/fats in beer/ale is
potentially a two-fold problem.

Problem one:  They mess up the head.  I like a good head on my ale/beer.
Problem two:  Oils/fats can go rancid.  Rancid oil beer - sounds pretty
yucky.

Gregory Rehm