hist-brewing: pumpkin

judy judy at southeast.net
Tue Nov 30 09:59:32 PST 1999

I have used a pumpkin for  making wine in.  I scooped out the insides because I was brewing a pumpkin ale, then I decided what the hell and added sugar water, rasins and yeast.  The pumpkin held its shape for 2 days. then it was wilting, so I syphoned the liquid into a couple of  1 gallon jugs.  I did enter this into the fla state fair   the judges did say  "it was interesterting"  I did not wine any thing with that one. It was more of a Novel idea.  I've done tomato too.  See picture attached
Judy    judy at leading.net       http:users.southeast.net/~judy