hist-brewing: pumpkin mead

Euphilia at aol.com Euphilia at aol.com
Sun Nov 28 20:13:29 PST 1999

I'm sorry, this just seems like a bad idea to me. Admittedly I have not had a
lot of experience with brewing but something just doesn't sit right with me.
I think that my problem is that how to you keep the pumpkin from
deteriorating before the brew is finished. It would have to be the freshest
possible and then  it probably wouldn't be big enough to hold all of the
batch. I mean I've had my fair share of experience with pumpkins and I know
that unless specially treated jack o'lanterns do not last very long. I
noticed that you suggested using bleach to make it last longer but isn't that
running the risk of poisoning your brew?