hist-brewing: pumpkin mead

Stephen Bernard flatlander at gis.net
Sun Nov 28 19:51:43 PST 1999

"A.J.& Steph. Gooch" wrote:

> I do not know the age of the recipe but in a book called "Mad about Mead !
> nectar of the gods  "  by Pamela Spence , there is a recipe for pumpkin
> mead. I have not read the book yet , but we are preparing to make this scary
> mead. It suggests two months in a pumpkin I am hoping the pumpkin can last
> that long. If you would like the recipe I can send it to you. If there is
> enough interest I can put it on the list. A.J. (a.k.a. Nial )

i just ask about pumpkin beer as a curiosity,  personly the  whole thing sounds
like a bad idea to me.

if you palan on using a holloed pumpkin as a fermenter,  i know if you wash the
pumpkin out with bleach it will last longer as a jackolantern, i'd use ID4 and
let it air dry for a while for brewing.

Rev. Steve (gorm)