hist-brewing: more newbie questions :-)

Tom McBrayer mcbrayet at txen.com
Mon Oct 25 12:16:31 PDT 1999

The Grolsch style bottles will hold more pressure than you want (or
intend)...I know from experience.

I made a batch of copy-cat Corona style beer for some friends.  Being in a
hurry while bottling (never a good idea), I doubled the amount of DME for
carbonation in the bottling bucket.  Although no one was hurt, I did
occasionally have a cap fly off of the bottle while releasing the cap.  I
warned everyone to open the cap away from anything of value and the EXTRA
carbonation made for a male bonding party not to be believed (i.e.,
belching).  Consequently, no women cared for the batch, but my buddies loved
it.

Men + overly carbonated beer = disastorous social skills (or complete lack
of)!

Experience is a valuable teacher...Please be safe and take your time while
brewing and bottling!
Thomas