hist-brewing: natural estrogenic compounds

David McCarty raille at mich.com
Fri Oct 22 18:04:44 PDT 1999

At 04:14 PM 10/22/1999 -0400, Richard wrote:
>Well, again, like with things such as licorice that lower your testosterone
>level by 40%, there are things science is just now becoming aware of that us
>men need to avoid.  Plus, I don't think we are supposed to have estrogen.
>If so, I don't know what it's "purpose" would be in the male body.  women
>need testosterone for a number of things, but vice versa I don't think is
>the case.  I could be wrong as I am not an expert in endocrinology.
>Plus, for me I think the number one reason to not use hops is the sleepiness
>effect.  Basically put, I don't want to drink beer to get tired, I want to
>drink it and get FESTIVE!  ;)
>
>Richard

The male body has varied amount of estrogen in it.  But none have none.

There is a loot of grey area when it come to the sexes.  There actually is
no division line that say a is male and anything past that is female.
There are many cross sex individuals that chemically/hormones are one sex,
but physically are the other.

Dave