hist-brewing: Gruited or spiced ales

Jim Deschinckel deschinc at home.com
Mon Oct 18 16:47:14 PDT 1999

Huardb at aol.com wrote:

> Enjoy!  If anyone does find a source for heather please let me know.
>
> Huard

Our local homebrew supply store here in the Quad-Cities area of
Iowa/Illinois has a line on heather tips. However they are very pricey
and the amount needed for a 5 gallon batch of heather ale from one of
the period recipes worked out to be like $50 or so. If anyone is still
interested let me know and I'll look further into it. After my
experiment with spruce tips, I'm a lot more leary of a $50 experiment :)

					James Brewer, SCA