hist-brewing: Laws and punishment

Nick Sasso njs at mccalla.com
Fri Oct 1 09:12:32 PDT 1999

Anyone know of the punishments for serving bad or old ale?  Mostly interested in the Middle Ages.  I don't have to have documentation on this one right now, just a vague remembering will do.

I will be with a group this weekend that wants to reinactsome court issues, and figure that would be a classic one to have in their "Autumnal Faire" atmosphere.

Nick Sasso