hist-brewing: Format apologies

Kirsty Pollock kirsty.pollock at mpuk.com
Thu Sep 30 02:27:19 PDT 1999

Sorry folks,

I didn't realise quite how densely packed my little snippettes on oak and
beer would be in plain text. If you can wade through them you'll see that
they do back up my perception that british beers don't and were never meant
to have an oak flavour (mainly - I did turn up one brewery that once made an
IPA casked in American oak for a few days to ge the flavour, but even they
were described as 'misguided' or some such term)

Kirsty