Boiling honey or not(Re: hist-brewing: mead)

Kirsty Pollock kirsty.pollock at mpuk.com
Tue Sep 28 01:08:33 PDT 1999

Greg,

Good points all. I also make beer and find that (although they do clear
easier than mead usually) it makes no odds to the taste, and in fact, in may
beers may improve it if it is less than sparklingly clear. I have one brwon
ale which is a particular favourite which you can't see through - the effect
being due in part also to the very dark, almost black colour.

If you are drinking from a horn - who cares! The only thing to watch is if
you have a yeast allergy/intolerance.

KP