hist-brewing: keeping of beer

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Sat Sep 25 03:34:57 PDT 1999

In a message dated 09/23/1999 2:19:58 PM EST, isenhour at bibiana.lis.uiuc.edu
writes:

<< When I used to sell "real ale" if a lot was left at the end of the night
 I would purge the headspace with CO2, and take it home.

    Does this mean that the British "Campaign for Real Ale" is talking
about unhopped ales too, or just that any fermented-grain-beverage,
hopped or unhopped, will go stale once exposed to air?     Scotti