hist-brewing: Elderberry Wine

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Fri Aug 6 19:27:57 PDT 1999

    Today I received the latest catalog from E.C.Kraus in Independence, MO.
They are primarily a winemaker's supply house, but offer some beer making
supplies also.  Orders (VISA/Mastercard) can be placed at 1-800-254-7448.
Free
shipping to the lower 48 on orders of $15.00 or greater.
    On pg.3 is a book of potential interest:
    Winemaking with Elderberries, by T. Edwin Ball, no publisher info given,
price $9.95.    I have no idea whether it is any good.
    They also offer 46oz cans of Elderberry juice (2 or 3 required for 5
gallons),
$21.85 each.
    And dried elderberries, 4oz sufficient for 1 gallon for $4.20, three 4oz
pkg
for $10.80.
    In joy and service,  Scotti