hist-brewing: Slow Ferment, what is fast, and nutrients

Melanie Wilson MelanieWilson at compuserve.com
Wed Jul 7 14:33:10 PDT 1999

>I personally would consider a slow ferment one
that produces about 1 bubble in the airlock every 2-3 seconds while a
fast ferment  produces 1-2 bubbles per second and a head.

I asked this & the reason why was I don't think we ferment very fast in the
UK, it may be down to the type of yeast too. Would that be in the first day
or for all the process or what ?

How long would you expect it to go on ?

>I personally am planning an experiment to test some of these ideas as
soon as I get some empty 1 gallon fermenters and a couple of gallons of
honey.  One thing that I would like to do though is try this with a more
period kind of nutrient than Fermax

What is Fermax ? Chemically ?

Mel