hist-brewing: Bottles ?

m_shapiro at bigfoot.com m_shapiro at bigfoot.com
Wed Jul 7 07:27:07 PDT 1999

On 03-Jul-99 Beth Ann Snead wrote:

> Could you list the name of your source?  All I have is
> _Delights for Ladies_ by Platt and can't find any
> reference to carbonation in it.  If there's another
> source by him I need to start the book searches now so
> I can get a copy of it.

Beth Ann,

I don't know if this is the book in question, but Hugh Platt also wrote _The
Jewell House of Art and Nature_.  I have a copy of the book, but have not read
through it all to know if it has the reference you are looking for.  I don't
recall any references to carbonation in _Delightes for Ladies_, either (and my
copy vanished into the black hole of lending it to someone several years ago).

HTH

Wassail!

Marc Shapiro                                              m_shapiro at bigfoot.com
                              Visit 'The Meadery' at:
                      http://www.bigfoot.com/~m_shapiro/

"If you drink melomel every day, you will live to be 150 years old,
unless your wife shoots you."
-- Dr. Ferenc Androczi, Winemaker of the Little Hungary Farm Winery