hist-brewing: Re: [sca_brew] Spice Question

Karen Olson kaolson3 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 20:20:35 PDT 1999

To answer your spice question, I would try Earl Grey Tea its easy to find
and, peppermint tea is nowhere near close.  Also I wouldn't use any ground
spices in mead or wine recipes.  the reason that I say this is that the
flavor isn't as good and the mead or wine will be very hard to clear.  With
whole spices or large pieces your can put them in a cheesecloth bag and hang
that in the must of the fermentor or just throw them in and take them out
later.

Hope this helps

Caitriona ignen Mairgrec